Saturday, December 19, 2015

Poetry Enriches The Human Soul, As It Nurtures Love

By Walter William Safar


By Walter William Safar

Poetry enriches the human soul, as it nurtures love, compassion, freedom, and faith in people. I don’t know much about victories, but I am sure of one thing, that compassion is a victory of the human spirit. 

Yes, I consider myself to be lucky to share my poetry with everyone regardless of race or religion because anyone’s tears are the same color, as well as an honest smile.


There is hope in me that you shall become my brothers in art, in terms of literature and compassion. Let it be the beginning of a wonderful friendship that shall be linked through small mercies. As William Wordsworth put it beautifully: “The best portion of a good man’s life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.”

(Those who divide poets into amateurs and professionals are wrong, because poetry is not a profession, but a state of mind-state of soul… Each verse that brings tears to someone’s eyes remains in memory and the wise Jean-Paul said: Our memories are the only paradise from which we can never be expelled.)

A man’s heart is small, but it is surrounded by the immensity of its soul. Sometimes our words may appear silent, but they are certainly heading for infinity.

Read Walter William Safar’s

THE LAND BEYOND THE RAINBOW

You are calling me, road of dreams,
To a land beyond the rainbow,
In which diversity is the harmony of living,
In which hatred is losing the battle against love,
In which a strong spirit is virtue instead of weakness;

You are calling me, road of dreams,
To where reality is conceived from thousands,
Tens of thousands of dreams,
Dreams that feed the soul,
Dreams that nurture the hearts of
Dreamers from all over the world;

You are calling me, road of dreams,
To a wonderful land of dreamers,
But I am tired,
My mornings are different now,
Full of extinguished sparks,
And the scents of weary nights
That lay beside you now,
Just like night birds,
Your weary wanderers,
Whose passion bled
Into life’s inexhaustible well.