Saturday, January 16, 2016

Certain Mails Can Give You Tears Of Joy


A quote about writing


A quote about writing


I’m sure every writer, once or many times in his or her lifetime may receive a mail from someone interested in his work or articles. I have received hundreds of mails of admiration over my writings. One of the mails I received recently touched me after reading. I decided to publish it…


As a writer, there are certain things you need to keep in mind. You can’t please everyone. Many would like you and others will hate you, but don’t let those little impediments distract your attention or hurt your feelings.

Many writers or bloggers avoid getting into conflict with readers or try to write articles not to offend others, but at times your article will spark controversy, arguments, and hatred, when you aren’t expecting it.

I had a big problem on LinkedIn’s platform when I wrote an article entitled ‘Why many Africans are allergic to reading? The aim of the article is to encourage reading, but it turned out to be an article which nearly caused my crucifixion or lynching by some Africans that find the article unsavory.

When you find yourself in such a situation, don’t lose your temper, remain calm and try to explain the significance of the article. You may receive negative comments, yet still, be positive. You may lose some followers, but don’t let that bother you, because those that aren’t ready to learn, aren’t also ready to accept any explanation.


This one of my favorite mails last week.

Hi Joel

Just extending my appreciation of your work.  I have read some articles of yours and your interview with Magda Cristina Butucea.  It was poignant!  To know that we still have those who believe in the truth among the profession is consolatory.  I am what you will call a misdirected man (turning 50 soon).

I spent time chasing something I never believed in but thought it was the means to an end – the empowerment of Africans in Europe.  It was a delusion and spent time in prison through malicious prosecutions.  

Like you, I loved writing since I was in my primary school years.  I helped write letters for those who could not read to their families who were far away from their places of work.

I neglected this part of me.  I have decided to spend time doing it now and set up a publishing company with a focus on selling African literature and the creation of educational projects in the form of publications to help spread the truth about our history.  Once again, I am inspired and honored to read about you.

Best Regards Chez Winakabs

NB. I give thanks to Chez Winakabs. I wish this article will encourage other bloggers or writers to experience many obstacles to continue writing without ceasing.