Sunday, January 24, 2016

YOUR ENEMY GETS MAD, IF HE FAILS TO SEE YOU THE WAY HE WANTS


A Rae Smith quote

A Rae Smith quote



No one gives birth to a child and names him or her ‘Enemy,’ thus; I haven’t met anyone yet called ‘Enemy.’ Yet an enemy exists, the reason the dictionary defines it: As a person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.

What causes enmity between people? I watched a program of a man that hates his neighbour. According to him, his neighbour’s stereo was too noisy and many times when he asks him to reduce the volume he refuses to yield to his demand.

I understand him, especially after the week’s hard work, you wish to have a happy and a quiet lovely weekend, reading your favourite books and newspapers, but that neighbour of yours has denied you all those good moments you’re longing for.

At times you might be an enemy or someone might hate you for doing no wrong, just because of your efforts to live a happy life. Do you know that your hard work can sometimes spark jealousy and hatred from an empire of deceitful enemies?

Do you know that even your successful marriage sometimes makes you an enemy, because your neighbour’s marriage is on the rocks? How do you handle such situations when you haven’t done anything wrong but someone madly hates you?

I do hear people often say: The problem was beyond my control, the reason I used food as a means of consolation, became an alcoholic or a drug addict. That’s really a big mistake. When you’re experiencing problems, you don’t live on destructive measures to solve your problems, you need to fight those destructive elements.

Years back when I arrived in Europe, among other foreigners, I came to Italy at a time I don’t know anyone. I slept at the Central Train Station in Rome for many days. (I have revisited Rome to see where I slept in the early nineties) I saw that the hard conditions were taking its toll on some of the homeless Africans.

Some became alcoholics, drug addicts, involved in drug trafficking and some decided to go back to Africa. I encouraged them to stay but many of them returned to Africa. Today, I’m no more an illegal immigrant. 

Above all, I live with my wife and three children in Europe. I wake up every morning at 5 AM and go to work like other workers, enjoying happy union with my family when I come back home.

I know what the enemy wants. I wasn’t ready to be a destitute, alcoholic, drug addict or courier. If I have made it, then you can. Never blame anyone for your failure in life. Don’t let your enemy be happy. Fight those destructive forces to make them mad.