Thursday, February 18, 2016

When You Look Into The Mirror, Tell Me What Do You See?


That's how hypocrites look like in the mirror


That's how hypocrites look like in the mirror



I am neither a poet, psychologist nor clairvoyant, but I am worried about the direction this world is heading to. I’m baffled over the constant decaying of our society. 


Many feel okay with it and don’t care much, but I do because I have children and when the rain falls, it doesn’t fall on one man’s roof. Everyone gets his or her share of the menace of society when trouble explodes.


There are many people in jail over crimes, while there are real criminals in white-collar jobs, sitting at the offices with impunity. In fact, it’s not only those who commit crimes are criminals, but also those who knew about the crime but cover-up. At times I wake up in the morning and feel the thunderous beat of my heart in my chest, like someone who is expecting to go to jail over a crime, yet I haven’t committed any crime.

It was during one of those experiences I wrote this article, “When You Look Into The Mirror, Tell Me What Do You See?”

Everyone has a mirror at home, even in modern toilets mirrors are available to take a good look at yourself before stepping out. When you wake up in the morning, after taking your bath and putting on your beautiful dress, shirt, and trousers, surely you go in front of the mirror to have a glance at yourself, when satisfied before ever stepping on the street.

The image in the mirror reflects on your sincereness and dishonesty

However, in front of the mirror, tell me what do you see? Your own image, isn’t it? Do you love or hate yourself? Does your heart accommodate hatred against your neighbor, co-worker or your boss? The heart can’t accommodate hatred, then love your neighbor at the same time, because hate and love can’t dwell in the same heart.

The image in the mirror reflects on your sincereness and dishonesty

When you look into the mirror, tell me, what do you see? Your own image, isn’t it? But do you cheat on your husband or wife? If you do, are you happy? Believe me, you will be happier if you don’t involve in such activity. Many people think they can be happy when they cheat. You are only inviting unhappiness into your life.

When you look into the mirror, tell me what do you see? Your own image, isn’t it? But how sincere are you the way you want everyone around you to know? Are you a parrot at work, undermining your colleague to be fired, because you hate her or you are speaking well about her to gain promotion?

When you look into the mirror, tell me, what do you see? Your own image, isn’t it? Remember there will be time; you can’t see that image anymore, because this world is not our own, we are just passing through. (Tribute to Jim Reeves) But before we finally leave, ask yourself, did I made others happy or miserable?

Your answer would let you be happy or sad in your grave.