Sunday, May 29, 2016

BELGIAN JEHOVAH WITNESS COUPLE SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE OF A VISIT TO KENYA


Foreign Jehovah witnesses share the gospel in Africa


Foreign Jehovah witnesses share the gospel in Africa



I have known Daan and Hilde, a married Belgian couple for about seven years, serving Jehovah and helping many foreigners in Belgium, including Africans for better integration, learning the language, knowing Jehovah and be useful in the society. 

I have invited them many times to my residence to share their profound knowledge of the Gospel with me. One of the burning desires of the Belgian couple is to visit Africa, learn how the people live, communicate, work and also to share the gospel with them. 

Thus; a month ago, they left Belgium to Kenya with the intention to live with the people for about a year. In Kenya, Daan and Hilde are facing challenges, confronted with different customs and traditions. They share their interesting accounts of their daily activities in tropical Africa.

After my first talk in the Mtwapa East congregation, they told me that I need to watch out not to stretch my arms high up because of the ventilators, but still I had all my fingers.” Daan shares his experience as a tall man in Kenya.

“We start to know our way in the village. Important to find back our return visits. This is where the streets have no name. Tuesday, we met at 8.45 AM, at the mango tree for service. We had a nice morning but after 5 hours we were soaked."

“Feels like 44gr but the small breeze makes it bearable. Love to do the laundry together in the African way on your wedding anniversary. This is a very nice example for a married couple, but I prefer my washing machine.”

“A common action in the field service, showing videos to those who are interested. Not only Caleb and Sophia but also, about the resurrection and what happens at the Kingdom Hall." 

"In the supermarket, at the department of paper and pencils, you can find Bibles for about 10 Euros, the same as wages for three days' work. King James Version.”

“After service, we sometimes take a jump in the water. If we are not too tired, it is not too hot only 30gr but humidity is 85-90 percent. Lots of talking and teaching in this weather can make us feel very tired." 

"I was too chicken to drive the motorbike. We always take ‘piki piki’ to move around, with two people on one bike, plus the driver we are three in number. Quite a spectacle to see us in town.”

"A leaf fell from the tree in our garden. It is good it happened during the night. Nothing better than a refreshing bath, We study with his mother and a sister. Makes me remember my infant days, love it." 

"People try to earn some money in many ways. This boy sells boiled eggs. He cuts them in half, adds some tomato, salt, and masala and sells it about 15 cents.” 

“We are happy to follow our dreams and share our experience with Jehovah in a foreign country, Kenya, a continent far from our home.”