Sunday, December 13, 2015

Do You Experience God’s Miracle In Your Life?


The miracles of God comes when you are not expecting


The miracles of God comes when you are not expecting


I grew up in a family that strongly believes in God. At the corner of my parents’ bedroom, stands a small table covered with a white cloth. On this table, lies the Holy Bible, which belongs to my mother. She wakes up early in the morning to pray without ceasing. 

Sometimes I see her shedding tears in her prayers when she feels her prayers had been answered or touched spiritually.

Life, to many, is sex, enjoyment, doing drugs, rock, and roll, then after, you say goodbye to your friends, when it’s time to go and sleep peacefully or tormented in your grave. 

That’s not the meaning of life. Life has a significant meaning or purpose. Watching my mother, each morning, behind the small table, I developed a certain interest in seeking the face of God and started following her footsteps.

I read my Bible daily and tried my best to live to the principle the holy book teaches. Like everyone, I wasn’t perfect, I did many things which I shouldn’t do as a child, but not in my adulthood. 

As I begin to mature, I started experiencing the miracle of God’s hand in my life. There are times I joke about it saying: Death doesn’t like ugly people, the reason I’m still living.

I was once carried away by the sea because I couldn’t swim. Like Jonah in the belly of the whale and brought to the shores of Nineveh, after people gave up to save me, they watched as a mighty wave brought me ashore. 

The impact was heavy and the state of shock I find myself in at that moment prevented me to put on my clothes. I walked home naked. Till now I’m scared of the sea and can’t swim.

I was once crossing a busy street in Africa, after watching both sides of the road, I felt secured to cross, but from nowhere I was caught up in the middle of the road when a taxi hits me. 

Like a superman, I find my body in the mid-air, landing on top of the vehicle’s bonnet. The impact severely damaged the bonnet, but I survived.

In Africa, I was traveling on a mini-bus with other passengers. It was a very sunny day. I think the pressure in the vehicle’s Tyre warmed up to certain degrees Celsius, thus; one of the front Tyre’s exploded. 

The vehicle somersaulted continuously and finally landed on its side. I jumped out from the front seat without a scratch, when many were rushed to the hospital with injuries.

In Lagos State, Nigeria, I was kidnapped by armed robbers in military uniform. It was a swift action which took me by surprise. I was holding a small handbag that attracted them. 

They thought probably the bag has over a million dollars. In the rear of the car, I struggled with them and wouldn’t let the bag go, while the butt of the rifles they were holding rain on every part of my body, including my head.

After every attempt failed, they pushed me from the vehicle while in motion and I landed on the ground with a force, like a bag of salt. I stood up, brushed the dust off my body and walked home. But the scars of the beating I had, can still be traced on my body today, after three decades.

In Amsterdam, I was nearly killed by a woman while on my bicycle. I fell and rolled ahead, while her front Tyre was on my bicycle. According to her, the sun partially blinded her, so she didn’t see me. I had bruises all over my body. 

She carried my badly damaged bicycle to a repairers’ shop and paid for the cost. Anxious to know of my condition, she called me the next day. I told her I’m doing well. That was the last time she called.

In Antwerp, Belgium, after holidays in Africa, I came back penniless with bills to pay. There was a particular one I needed time to pay 110 Euros at my son’s secondary school. 

That was a second letter reminding me, thus; the third letter wouldn’t be good for me. The end of the month to get my salary was still far, thus; the situation was actually disturbing.

It was winter and very dark, on my way to work, I spotted something like a folded money on the bicycle lane. I stopped and walked back to see if it’s money or mind is just playing tricks on me. 

Behold, it was money. I took it and unfolded it. Guess how much? Two fifty Euro notes, one ten Euro note and one five Euro note, a total of 115 Euros.

After work, I quickly went home to pay the 110 Euros to the school and used the five Euros to buy a few things I needed most. There is no need to doubt over these stories because they came from Joel Savage, the writer who loves non-fiction articles and books. 

Have you ever experienced the miracles of God’s hand in your life?

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Said Jesus at Matthew 7:7. Just as sports are good for the body, reading the Bible is good for the mind and your spiritual being.