Monday, December 14, 2015

Kicking Away Fear: The Enemy That Prevents Our Success


Fear, one of the most basic human unpleasant emotions in the nervous system

Fear, one of the most basic human unpleasant emotions in the nervous system











The young lady has successfully completed her education, passing out with bright colors as a medical nurse. But due to a lack of confidence, she is scared to solicit for a job. Her mind tells her she isn’t attractive enough and therefore going to fail her interview.


The aspiring writer has written the best book, which could be the next number one bestseller to change the world, but fear has already crippled him because he thought the book may not sell.

Fear, one of the most basic human unpleasant emotions in the nervous system, has attributed to the failure in the lives of thousands of people. When one is gripped with fear, it prevents quick thinking, solutions to problems, and one becomes confused and nervous.

Many encounters fear in many ways, when ready to take exams, during speech, and when to arrest certain situations. In the first place, what causes fear within human beings?

Many times, I like to share my experience when writing articles. I discovered during my youth that I had no fear in me, however; many attempts in things which I wasn’t perfect nearly cost my life. For example, I shouldn’t have gone deep into the sea when I am aware that I can’t swim. Yes till now, I don’t know how to swim.

 I was carried away by the sea, and those trying to save me gave up because I disappeared when I was pulled into a swirling deep hole under the sea. Then a mighty wave swept me ashore. In a state of shock, I took my clothes and walked nakedly home.

‘Fear’ is an enemy, yet people shouldn’t put away fear to do what they aren’t perfect or do something wrong. For example, smuggling drugs to a country, hoping you may not be caught. That is not the right way to overcome fear or to see if you are brave.

You may end up in jail. However; there are ways one can adapt to overcome fear. Once as an illegal immigrant in Europe, a few minutes before noon, without breakfast and not knowing where my next meal is coming from, I took to the streets on foot towards a friend’s house, hoping I might find something to eat.


Fear kills many people hundred of thousand times before their real death

Fear kills many people hundred of thousand times before their real death



Over an hour's walk and still far from where I was going, I experienced the symptoms of system failure. I felt dizzy and knew would soon collapse. I had no choice but to enter a bus without a ticket. Before the bus reached my destination, controllers caught me without a ticket. 

This is a very big offense everywhere in Europe, taken thousands of illegal immigrants back to their country of origin. I didn’t panic or afraid, that gave me enough time to think of what to say.

“I am happy you going to call the police to arrest me,” I said when I noticed they were going near their vehicle to use the equipment to call the police. “Why are you happy calling the police?”  

One of the controllers asked.“Because I haven’t eaten since morning, definitely I will get something to eat at the police station.” I replied. They were stupefied and after looking at each other’s faces, they asked me to go home.

According to doctors, fear is normal, because we are human beings. Unfortunately, fear, the feeling of agitation and anxiety that runs through the minds of human beings, preventing them from doing many things, is exactly what people in higher positions, stand on to harm, bully, manhandle and show injustice to the underprivileged in society. 


People use their positions to manipulate, cheat and dominate other people because they know the person is scared and powerless to defend themselves.

How can someone overcome fear? There are hundreds of books at Amazon on how to overcome fear, but one of the great books which I  read,  and changed my whole life consciously and positively  was ‘The power of positive thinking’ by Norman Vincent Peale. It’s a very good book.