A MAN CAN'T BE PRAISED FOR HIS EVIL DEEDS, UNLESS YOU'RE EVIL


We often hear “I don’t like Obama, I hate CNN, I don’t like George W. Bush etc. If you try to find out the reason of their hatred and dislike, they will  tell you why.

It is very easy to hate than showing or giving love to a person. Thus, probably if someone hates me, there must be a reason to that. But when I haven’t committed any crime, I would like to find out why someone hates me. Is it because of my probing articles?

I am an African writer living in Europe, reading every humiliating and degrading articles European and American journalists write about Africa. Do you expect me to join them when they have many problems to deal with on their shores but pretend everything is fine?

In Brussels, come daily European and other world leaders to talk about problems affecting the world, with the aim of finding solutions to tackle those problems. In the same Brussels stands a statue of Leopold II, a king who killed and maimed over ten million Africans, including women and children.

Belgium didn’t take the crime of this criminal into consideration. Instead they built a statue in his honour and named streets after him throughout the country, when there is no statue of Adolf Hitler, for killing 6 million Jews. Would you hate me as an African writer, who values life, if I write that the Belgian government should pull down that statue?

The world leaders  and journalists converging at Brussels don’t care about any statue, because they are not Africans, moreover the life of an African to them is valueless. But since the Bible I read tells me that ‘God created man in His own image,’ I will write an article against this injustice and ignorance.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...