Sunday, May 31, 2020

GEORGE FLOYD'S EMOTIONAL POEM OF AGONY BEFORE HIS DEATH

The late George Floyd, pinned with the knee of a white policeman on his neck

The late George Floyd, pinned with the knee of a white policeman on his neck


Centuries after the abolition of slavery, African-Americans that sacrificed their lives to build what we know as the United States of America today, are still facing the challenges of better integration and acceptance in society as Americans.


In a country that preaches about democracy and an effective law system, the world shouldn't have witnessed such ugly scenes of injustice against black people. Donald Trump once called African countries 'Shithole Nations' the same way African-Americans are treated.

On May 25, an African-American from Minneapolis identified as George Floyd, was pinned down and handcuffed by white police officers, with one of the knees pressed against Floyd’s neck for about 9 minutes. 

The 46 year-old-man, who was having difficulties in breathing pleaded for his life but all his efforts fell on deaf ears. These are his last words before his death.


"It's my face man
I didn't do nothing serious man
please
please
please I can't breathe
please man
please somebody
please man
I can't breathe
I can't breathe
please


(inaudible)
man can't breathe, my face
just get up
I can't breathe
please (inaudible)
I can't breathe sh*t
I will


I can't move
mama
mama
I can't
my knee
my nuts
I'm through
I'm through


I'm claustrophobic
my stomach hurt
my neck hurts
everything hurts
some water or something
please
please


I can't breathe officer
don't kill me
they gon' kill me man
come on man
I cannot breathe
I cannot breathe
they gon' kill me
they gon' kill me
I can't breathe
I can't breathe
please sir
please
please
please I can't breathe"


After these words, George Floyd stopped pleading, and shortly after that, he was pronounced dead.

Coronavirus

In a country, that coronavirus has killed a higher percentage of African-Americans than the whites, many black people think there is a sinister plot to kill them. Some even believe that white Americans that hate black people purposely join the police force to show their brutalities against black people in the United States of America.

No comments: