Saturday, May 09, 2020

OBEYING THE RULES AT HOME TO AVOID THE SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS


Belgian writer, journalist, and author Joel Savage

Joel Savage 


I have read much about biological weapons and diseases. Years back, if a prophet, a soothsayer, or anyone with a third-eye would have told me that an epidemic will appear and kill over 8,000 people in Belgium, I don't think I would have accepted it.


However, here I am today, in a state of shock and confusion, watching helplessly, as the death toll of victims of coronavirus keeps rising in a country that tourism has played a major role in its economy and has also lived peacefully for the past twenty years.

No matter how safe some families are, you need an extra-strength and courage to listen to the daily news with announcements about deaths from the coronavirus, and as the number of deaths keeps increasing daily, that makes one feels sometimes that there is no need to live in this world any longer.

I have been at home for almost two months. Even though some people may like to stay at home without work, this temporary confinement has taken its toll on me. A man needs to work hard to feed his family. Working helps to improve your health physically and psychologically.


As of May 8, 2020, the coronavirus pandemic has killed more than 151,797 people in Europe, three-quarters of which in Italy, Spain, France and the United Kingdom but the situation also in Belgium is alarming, taking into consideration the size of the country. Belgium has so far recorded 52,596 cases and 8,581 deaths.

My condolence to everyone in Belgium affected by this pandemic. It's only a matter of time, everything will be over. It's a very tough period for everyone but we need to be tougher, encourage, and motivate others to stay alive in this pandemic.

I tried to cut my own hair and eventually, I made a big hole in the process. I have no option than to continue obeying the law to stay at home and leave my beard like that of King Nebuchadnezzar. 

We have no specific role to play in this coronavirus crisis than to obey the law, avoiding social gatherings, and follow the hygienic rules recommended, avoiding the spread of the disease.

No comments: